4) La bambola – Patty Pravo (1968)
”You make me spin you make me spin as if I was a doll and then you throw me down, then you throw me down, like I was a doll..
You do not notice when I cry, when I am sad and tired you think only for yourself.
No, no boy, no, no boy, of my love, do not laugh.
I do not play with it anymore, when you play, you can hurt to cry”
- The very first success of Patty Pravo. Also known as the girl of Piper, in name of a famous discotheque in Rome in the 50s and 60s
- The song Bambola, literally, doll, refers to the desperate request of a girl for not be thrown as for all the other dolls by her lover.
- was used as a soundtrack in numerous films, including: The American by Anton Corbijn, Crime Novel by Michele Placido, and in the film Doll by Bigas Luna.
3) Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) – Domenico Modugno (1958)
”I think that a dream like this never returns again:
I painted my hands and my face blue,
then, suddendly, I was kidnapped by the wind
and I began to fly in the infinite sky …”
- ”Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu”, litterally in blue painted blue, also known as Volare, is a 1958 musical piece written by Franco Migliacci and Domenico Modugno.
- Multi awards winner, among which 2 Grammy, it was for 5 week in a row on top of US music chart.
- It was interpreted by several artists, among which Dean Martin, Al Martino and Gypsy Kings.
or have a look at..