Welcome to Newsstand (edicola)
Enter into a real Italian edicola (newsstand) and find out the most important news of the day, and what the country is debating about.
- Every day, news from Italy in English, for you.
- A selection of the most relevant news, to be up to speed and don’t miss anything.
- Follow the main topics, learn why and discuss with other Italy addicted.
Newsstand today – February 4th, 2019
National Basic income
- Opens today the portal to request access to the National Basic Income.
- The official presentation is scheduled at 3 pm of the Minister of Labor and Deputy Prime Minister Luigi Di Maio.
- Until 6 March will only be providing information, while available to submit request by then.
- Continues the difficult relationship in between the two parties ruling the countries.
- Too many topics where the two parties are in collision, migrants, infrastructures and national basic income to name a few.
- The kidnapping trial to the Interior Minister Salvini for the migrants in the rescue boat Diciotti sparked even more debate, with Movimento 5 stelle proposing to go ahead with court decision, while Lega strongly opposes.
Three free-riders dead on Mont Blanc
- The operations to rescue the 4 free-riders, two British and two French, dispersed from yesterday over Courmayeur have continued.
- The corpses were found buried under an avalanche in Val Veny.
- The Alpine rescue service continues the search for the lost fourth continues.
Serie A – results of the weekend
- Juventus slow down his race to the 8th consecutive scudetto with a quite surprising internal draw versus Parma. Napoli wins 3-0 with Sampdoria and shortens the distance from the bianconeri of 2 points.
- Continues the dark period for Inter, that loses at home against the weak Bologna. Roma and Milan drew in the Sunday evening match for 1-1, with the new A.C. Milan striker, Piatek in goal for the 3rd time in the two last matches.
- After 22 games, on top of the chart: Juventus with 60 points, Napoli with 51 points, Inter with 40 points, Milan with 36 points and Roma with 35 points.
- Ronaldo still the top scorer with 17 goals, followed by Quagliarella of Sampdoria with 16 points and Zapata from Atalanta with 15 points.